First, let me start by apologizing for being M.I.A. October was such a horrible month (yes, it could have been worse) financially, physically and mentally…
- Basketball season has started which means no one in my home has a life.
- My vehicle still is not running right. 2 weeks it will run like normal and then out of the blue 1 day you feel like you may not make it a block down the road…and repeat. I AM DRIVING IT UNTIL IT WILL NO LONGER GO! You hear that devil, I will NOT give in and buy another vehicle (until the time is right).
- Our church has started a nursing home ministry and I have adopted a sweet lady that does not have any family. Call me a dork but I am so excited to go and play B-I-N-G-O and all the other fun stuff they do at the nursing home.
- I was nominated by Sarah Ann over at Faith Along The Way for the Liebster Award! How exciting is that?! (more about that below).
Liebster is a German word and it means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming. And the Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have those qualities.
As a nominee and a participant I had to answer the following 11 questions, list 11 facts about myself and nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award. So here goes…
1. Write 3 words that describe your personality.
- introverted. honest. positive.
2. How did you choose your blog name?
- I went through several blog names before ending with Blessed In Alabama. I feel like even with the life I have lived and the hand I have been dealt that I am an extremely blessed person living in Alabama hence the title, Blessed In Alabama.
3. What subject did you dread in high school?
- I am going to have to go with History. During my teenage years history seemed so boring and irrelevant to my future but since then it has become something that I love seeing/reading/hearing about.
4. When do you find time to write?
- I usually write when my family is busy with other activities or late at night after everyone is in bed. I’d love to get into more of a writing schedule but during this season of my life it just doesn’t seem feasible.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
- I remember during my high school years wanting to be several different things…for a while I wanted to be a Physician Assistant and then moved on to wanting to be a Flight Attendant. I was always intrigued by career women and had my mind set on working in a high-rise, wearing pencil skirts and high-heels.
6. Do you prefer city or country living? Why?
- Hmmm…if I had to choose city OR country, I would definitely go with country living. There is just something about the quietness of the country. The beauty of nature. God’s handiwork is right there with you.
7. What’s your favorite quote and/or Bible verse and why?
- I have several but I would say that my all-time favorite is Philippians 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me). I like this verse because it tells me that God will always give me the strength needed to get through anything life throws my way.
8. What’s a goal you want to conquer in the next year? (It doesn’t have to be blogging related.)
- Be 100% debt-free minus our mortgage!
9. What is your favorite way to unwind and release stress?
- Just sitting at home, watching television.
10. Do you have another talent besides writing that you love?
- This is going to sound lame but I don’t think I have any ‘real’ talents. I’m not even sure I have a talent in writing but I love being able to speak my mind without having to physically say the words.
11. What are three things on your bucket list?
- Vacation at an all-inclusive resort. Visit the Grand Canyon. Become a FT Blogger.
11 Facts About Me.
1. I was born in Missouri.
2. I did not graduate high school (but I did receive my G.E.D.)
3. I bite my nails.
4. I dislike going to the dentist.
5. I had my 1st child when I was 18.
6. I work FT outside the home.
7. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
8. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
9. I could spend hours in Hobby Lobby.
10. My cellphone is not a smartphone.
11. I married my love of 7 years in March 2014.
And there you have it…several things you may or may not have known about me…and several things you may have not cared to know about me.
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and are staying warm!!